Paula Barros earned her degree as a Doctor of Chiropractic from Palmer West Chiropractic in 1985 and established Clear Yoga in Butte Valley, CA in 1987. Paula has been practicing and teaching Yoga since 1976. In 1977 Paula studied in India with B.K.S. Iyengar for 4 months. She is a certified yoga instructor, registered with Yoga Alliance and presently affiliated with Anusara Yoga. Paula has a natural ability to inspire others, and uses her gentle manner in her teaching as well as in her Chiropractic therapy to promote the development of positive lifestyles.
Paula has had personal experience of healing injury using the very treatments she now offers. In 1978, she survived a car accident that shattered her right femur and left her in a wheelchair for over 27 months. Doctors said she would be disabled for the rest of her life and perhaps even lose her leg. Refusing to accept this, Paula began an arduous journey of multiple surgeries, physical therapy and most importantly, self-education and self-empowerment. Today, Paula is healthy, agile, and able to enjoy all aspects of physical activity. She attributes much of her healing to yoga and to a balanced focus on mind, body and spirit.
- Graduate of Palmer West, Sunnyvale, CA 1987
- Member: California Chiropractic Association
- World Congress of Women Chiropractors
- Sacro-Occipital Society/SORSI
- Foundation for Research in Brain and Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- Teaching Assistant for Upledger Institute in Craniosacral and Visceral Manipulation
- California Yoga Alliance RYT-500 Registered Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga (10 years of
- Iyengar Yoga Training) (Affiliated Anusara Yoga Teacher)